Where is the station located?
Station contact and information
The main train station in Florence is Santa Maria Novella, constructed during 1930’s with a modernist touch. With about 170,000 people passing through it daily, the station emules the name of the iconic Florence church of Santa Maria Novella.
In most of the schedules, Firenze Santa Maria Novella is abbreviated as Firenze SMN.
A Disabled service is available in this station.
Bathrooms availables inside the station.
Adapted shopping/restaurant area, platforms, parking and lift.
Stazione Ferroviaria, Piazza Santa Maria Novella, 50123 Firenze, Italia
You are 5-10 minutes walking distance from the city center.
To the Airport Amerigo Vespucci (Florence) with the bus R003 and R004, each 30 minutes. Duration of the trip 15 minutes.
- ATAF “Vola in Bus” Route 62 to airport every half hour from the station
To Galileo Galilei Airport (Pisa):
- Express train: six times a day (three on Sunday)
- Car Rental
- Passanger Lounges
- Banks and Money Exchange
- Post Office
- Travel Agencies
- Parking Facilities
Yes. Available inside the station.
Available inside the station at the platform 20-21
Monday – Sunday
07:00 am – 11:00pm
Baggage consignment: “KiPoint”
- Lockers available 24 hours
- Monday – Sunday / 06:00am – 11:00pm
- Price: For each piece of baggage service fees are € 6,00 for the first 5 hours, € 1/hour from the 6th to the 12th hour, and € 0,50 for every additional hour. (can be payed with credit card)
- Monday – Sunday / 08:00am – 07:00pm
You will find it outside of the station at Via Circondaria nr.19 . Its easy to get there by Busnr.23
- Monday, Wednesday and Friday: 9 am to 12 pm;
- Tuesday and Thurday: 2:30 pm to 4:40 pm